Offering first-run movies at three historic theatres (Keystone, Sayre, Rialto), live performance seasons, film festivals, special events, and space for meetings, parties, events, conferences, and weddings.
Built as the Crawford Theatre in 1912 and renamed the Rialto in the early 1930s, Canton's Rialto Theatre underwent a wonderful rebirth in 1994-95. Fueled by major financial support, volunteers, staff, contractors and volunteer architect John Zulick of Towanda, the BCRAC reopened the Rialto in time for the main holiday movie, The Santa Clause, in December of 1994.
In the fall of 1995, the Arts Council initiated a 0,000 construction phase at the Sayre Theatre, which created a renovated lobby, an art gallery, two new cinemas and a more intimate performance center at the Valley theatre. Three years later, the Final Phase of the construction was completed with the dedication of the largest of the three cinemas, the Guthrie Performing Arts Center. All live performances are presented in this space as well as premiere movies.
Founded in 1980., the Winding River Players (WRP) is the oldest nonprofit, Community Theatre Group in Bradford County. In August 2001, the Winding River Players began a major reorganization to reemphasize and refocus our vision and mission to bring quality Theatre to the people of our area.